Combing fresh ingredients and spices makes for a flavorful dish that is often much better for you than heating something up in the microwave or going to get fast food. Of course cooking a vegetarian meal
makes the health benefits even better.
Airfryer, a somewhat new idea has made the art of cooking
easier and more efficient than before. Here are some delicious Indian Vegetarian Air fryer recipes to try out.
PAKODA IN AIR FRYER
1) Combine ½ teaspoon of cumin powder, 1 teaspoon of red chili powder, ½ teaspoon of turmeric
powder, ½ cup gram flower, and a little salt to make the pakoda batter.
2) Add vegetables to the batter—whatever suits your taste—and mix.
3) Once you have mixed in the veggies put the fritters on butter paper. Next add a coat of oil by
lightly brushing the fritters.
4) Preheat the airfryer to 200°C for around 3 minutes. Cook the fritters for 10 minutes and serve.
Horseradish Potato Cakes
1) Combine 1 grated onion, 3 grated potatoes, 2 grated sweet potatoes, and 3 tablespoons of finely
grated fresh horseradish in a bowl.
2) Add 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 2 large eggs, and ½ cup chopped fat-leaf parsley to the
3) Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
4) Fry 2 tablespoon sections of the mixture until golden brown or around 8 minutes, turning them
over halfway through cooking, or use your airfryer to cook.
5) Dish is best served with fresh onions and dip.
Tawa Fry/Tawa Sabzi
1) Cut 2-3 ocras, 4 ½ cherry tomatoes, 2 shallots, 2-3 peeled baby potatoes, and 2-3 brinjals into
2) In a bowl mix ½ teaspoon of garam masala powder , ½ teaspoon of red chili powder, ½
teaspoon of turmeric powder, ½ dry mango powder, ½ teaspoon black pepper powder, and
finally ½ teaspoon of salt.
3) Use the mixture just created to coat and stuff the cut vegetables.
4) Preheat your airfryer to 200°C for around 3 minutes and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes.
Methi Ki Puri
1) Mix ½ cup finely-chopped fenugreek (methi), 1 cup whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta), ½
teaspoon turmeric powder, 1 teaspoon coriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder, 1
teaspoons chilli powder, 2 teaspoons oil, and salt.
2) Knead the mixture until it turns into a stiff dough. Add water when needed.
3) Set the dough aside for 10-15 minutes.
4) Separate the dough into 20 equal circles, each about 3” diameter or 75mm.
5) Put 6-8 sections of dough on a tray which has been greased with ½ teaspoon oil.
6) Put the tray in an oven that has been preheated to 180°c. Cook until the puris are golden-brown
or for 10-15 minutes. Turn them over midway through cooking. If you use an airfryer instead of
the oven won’t have to use as much oil.
7) Cook the remaining dough in the same fashion.
Spinach Sesame Tikkis
1) Blanch 400 gms fresh spinach then squeeze out the water and chop.
2) Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and then sauté 3 cloves of garlic, 10 gms of ginger, 10 gms
coriander, and 1 small chopped onion.
3) Add 1 large potato and spinach to the mixture then proceed to cook until well done.
4) Add 20 gms roasted white sesame seeds.
5) After combination has cooled shape it into tikkis.
6) Put the tikkis into the airfryer for 15 minutes or shallow fry them.